Thursday, December 22

that christmas tree smell








Last Sunday we donned Santa hats, played Christmas crooners ("let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...") and rummaged in the huge box of tree decorations all afternoon. That box is like concentrated nostalgia for me, the contents ranging from decorations crafted by mine and my brother's chubby 5 year old hands, to ones bought last week. Tree decorating always feels special, and once the tree's up I don't have any Scrooge moments. Just seeing the tree lights twinkling in the corner and catching the Christmas tree smell (I'd never get a fake tree) gives me that surge of childish excitedness. Christmas!!

The festivities extended around the house - cards hung with ribbon like bunting, a Christmas wreath in the hallway, new lights in my bedroom, and a stag cushion from Primark which only cost me £3!

When did you put your tree up? If you've got photos, link me to them - I love looking at other people's trees!

4 comments:

  1. I love all your decorations. But your tree is just beautiful! I am so freaking excited about Christmas. Have a wonderful one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I don't have a tree this year. *sulks* Yours is lovely though! Adore the cushion too - £3?!? AMAZING. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that all looks so lovely! I absolutely love decorating the tree, like you it brings back so many happy memories for me and takes me back to being little again. I love that Christmas tree smell too, we gave ours some water yesterday and it instantly made the room smell like Christmas tree! Love it. Love that stag cushion too, £3 is a bargain for that little treat!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet decoration, merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete