Thursday, July 4

a little explanation

i haven't really been so active on here recently - i got stuck in a blogging rut then i realised that i am not a 'blogger' - i just record bits and pieces as i go along.

when i started this blog i was in a bit of an insecure place, leaving the school bubble which i'd been totally immersed in for most of my life. i knew what i liked and didn't like, but i didn't know who i was, or where i was going with my life. i was intent on bedding down and making a nest at home, because i didn't understand this insecurity and i didn't trust it.
it's taken a while, a lot of anxious days and evenings, a lot of fears and bad habits to conquer, but now i'm a bit older i feel like things have shifted on a bit. my perspective has shifted. i'm ready for new things.

it's so wonderful that you all like to read this blog, i am truly flattered and your comments mean a lot to me. however i post here primarily for myself, which is perhaps a bit selfish, but it's my record of things that have passed.

so this is really just to say that i am here, and i will post, but it won't be regularly. there won't be giveaways, or anything like that. it will just be me, possing narcissistically about my life, using photographs and drawings and words.

if you're reading this and you continue reading, then i'm happy, and if not, it's ok. my blog (and my twitter, and my tumblr) has put me in touch with lovely people, inspirational people, and people who just have a similar outlook on life (and like the same things as i do). my blog has acted as my scrapbook for the last few years. and those two things are, for me, what blogging is about.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't that what blogging is about! But I think its more than a selfish look at yourself, its a journal of sorts. Its a great medium to collect thoughts and memories to look back on! I'll still be reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree and approach mine in the same way. I don't identify with the 'blogger' and simply post when I want and how I want. I have never and will never do giveaways or anything like that which, surprisingly (to me) I have had to defend. It's not the norm, but it's who I am and what sits well with me. As for insecurities... just reading this post shows how confident you are even if you don't feel it always. A lot of people who blog do what they think they should be doing and seem confident, but really, it takes confidence to take a step back and choose not to be 'just another blogger'. This was a long winded way of saying 'good for you!'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree and approach mine in the same way. I don't identify with the 'blogger' and simply post when I want and how I want. I have never and will never do giveaways or anything like that which, surprisingly (to me) I have had to defend. It's not the norm, but it's who I am and what sits well with me. As for insecurities... just reading this post shows how confident you are even if you don't feel it always. A lot of people who blog do what they think they should be doing and seem confident, but really, it takes confidence to take a step back and choose not to be 'just another blogger'. This was a long winded way of saying 'good for you!'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must do what feels right for you.
    And it's always lovely to read your posts however frequent they may be.
    Life if for living not just for blogging! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this little explanation probably sums up my blog quite well too. More of a scrapbook than a super-duper-fancy-four-times-a-week-with-sponsors type of blog. But hey! I like scrapbooks.

    I do love reading your posts :) so keep at it, friend. However occasionally. Think yours and the 'junkaholique' blog are the ones I like to see new updates the best on my blogger dashbord. (Have you seen her blog, by the way? I think you'd like it: www.junkaholique.com)

    xx

    ReplyDelete