Wednesday, August 5

The places I've been

Every summer I order prints of my favourite photos from the past year and put them in an album. I do this because I am a grandma who doesn't fully trust the digital age. And because I love nothing more than to bathe in the nostalgia of looking through old photographs. This summer, due to a Photobox mishap, I ended up with duplicates of all my prints. Rather than throw the spare ones out I decided to recycle them by making collages of some of the places I've been in the last year.


N o r t h c o t t  M o u t h ,  C o r n w a l l   +   G o r r a n  H a v e n ,  C o r n w a l l   +   M u d e f o r d ,  D o r s e t


I m p e r i a l  W a r  M u s e u m ,  L o n d o n   +   B r o c k e n h u r s t ,  N e w  F o r e s t   +   B u s h y  P a r k ,  L o n d o n


T h e  B r u n s w i c k ,  B l o o m s b u r y   +   M o n o c l e  C a f e ,  M a r y l e b o n e   +   C e n t r e  C o u r t ,  W i m b l e d o n


B l o o m s b u r y,  L o n d o n   +   S o h o  G r i n d ,  L o n d o n   +   P o l l o c k ' s  T o y  M u s e u m ,  L o n d o n


S h a r d ,  L o n d o n   +   S t  P a u l ' s  C a t h e d r a l ,  L o n d o n   +   m y  o l d  f l a t ,  L o n d o n   +   P a r a d i s e  H o u s e ,  B a t h


M u d e f o r d ,  D o r s e t   +   a  c o f f e e  s h o p  i n  E a l i n g ,  L o n d o n


And here is a playlist of some of the songs I associate with these places:
Everybody's Talkin' / Harry Nilsson
Red Moon / The Walkmen 
Janey Don't You Lose Heart / Bruce Springsteen
Closing Time / Tom Waits
Every Time The Sun Comes Up / Sharon van Etten
Buckets of Rain / Bob Dylan
A Lion's Heart / The Tallest Man on Earth
Come to the City / The War on Drugs
Dancepack / Volcano Choir
Wildwood / Steve Gunn
New Blue Feeling / White Denim
Atlantic City / The Band
It's A Beautiful Morning / The Rascals
For Today I Am A Boy / Antony and the Johnsons

No comments:

Post a Comment