Thursday, February 28

February


There's only a few hours left of February.

I will miss the muted colours, the greys and browns and whites. I will miss the Seville oranges.

I won't miss the penetrating chill that doesn't seem to leave. I'm so tired of feeling cold. I'm so tired of taking ages to layer up before I can leave the house. I need sunshine!


Shivering aside, in February I've been...


Reading...
Heidi. I hadn't read this since I was a child and now I just want to experience summer in the Swiss alps. Rambling among wildflowers every day, a diet of fresh bread & cheese, sleeping on hay. It sounds dreamy.

Listening to...
Noah and the Whale, Fleet Foxes, the usual suspects really. All making me think of spring. The song 'Emmylou' by First Aid Kit is absolutely beautiful.

Watching...
I was gripped by the recent Poliakoff, Dancing on the Edge. Chiwetel Ejiofor and Matthew Goode are two very gorgeous human beings. The production was stunning, and sinister. I also can't get through the week without a dose of Call the Midwife. I love it, I don't care.

Buying...
Bits and bobs for my camera. There's always just one more piece of kit that I want. On the list now is a 50mm prime lens, oh and Adobe CS6. Ha. When I'm rich.

Loving...
My hot water bottle.

5 comments:

  1. Always love these posts. Beautiful photo. I need some sunshine too, so hoping for some warmth and sun now it is March! I adore First Aid Kit and that song is wonderful - saw them perform it at End of the Road festival at Larmer Tree Gardens last year and it was perfection.xo

    Rosie | A Rosie Outlook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally with you about Call The Midwife. I can't go a week without it either! Loving the pussy willow pic! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the magic of hot water bottles, I too am ready to move away from the cold of February, hopefully by my birthday at the end of the month it will be a little warmer!

    I love Emmylou, it's a lovely song, I really like First Aid Kit.

    Beautiful photo as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these posts :)

    First aid kit are magic! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, perfect and charming... hear hear! x

    ReplyDelete